Across the country, parents like you are working with PTOs and school/park administrators to help keep kids safe from dangerous UV rays and hot playground surfaces that can reach 150 degrees or more. Here are the facts you’ll need to start a dialogue about playground shade with your school district. Feel free to contact us if we can help.
- Approximately 1 out of every 5 children in the United States will grow up to have some form of skin cancer.
- Just one blistering sunburn before the age of 18 may double the risk of eventually developing melanoma (a life threatening type of skin cancer) later in life.
- Roughly 80% of a person’s total lifetime UV exposure occurs in the first 18 years of life.
- Babies, children and the elderly are highly sensitive to UV radiation and it can take less than 10 minutes for their unprotected skin to sunburn.
- Skin cancer is by far the most common cancer in the United States with more than one million new cases diagnosed each year.
- Over 90% of skin cancers can be prevented by staying safe in the sun.
Staying in the shade is one of the best ways to be safe.
YES! I would like to help improve sun safety at my school or daycare facility with a playground shade solution.
“As a result of learning about the dangers of ultraviolet radiation, my children only play on playgrounds in the shade.” — Susanne Ramirez | Concerned Parent
Contact Carolina Shade Sails –(336)-392-8602 or email@example.com